Monday, January 21, 2013

ISN’T GOD’S WORD AMAZING? NO!


Amazing-causing great surprise or wonder

Think about that definition.  The true meaning of the word Amazing.

A few weeks ago Paula and I were driving back from church, discussing the message of the day.  This is fairly normal for most, I think?  We were going over the scriptures of the message and discussing the impact of the message on our lives…….  You know, just reviewing.  Then Paula said “isn’t God’s word amazing?” I paused for a second and responded with a very strong “NO!”First of all It is rare that I disagree with my wise and wonderful wife, second it is also rare for me to pause before shooting off my opinion.  I still say NO!! 

Think about the definition of amazing.  We are talking about GOD here, all powerful, Omni present, creator of all life……that being said, why on earth would I be “amazed” that his word is wise, powerful, loving…….  Personally I am not amazed by GOD’s word, I am moved by it, I am inspired by it….   But not surprised that GOD has given us this wonderful book to guide us through our lives.  It is our owner’s manual.  He made us and he knows what’s best for us, so to say amazing isn’t really accurate.  Yes I’m being very literal.  There is nothing that GOD could do or say that would amaze me.  He can move mountains, cause the blind to see, the lame to walk and most important forgive the unforgivable.  The Bible is our Handbook or Owner’s manual to a fulfilling life.  So it’s not surprising that there is wonderful and powerful wisdom throughout. 

WHAT IS AMAZING……

What is amazing is our continued arrogance, pride, self-important mindset that refuses to take his word to heart.  That is AMAZING!!!  GOD didn’t give us the Bible to punish us or so we would miss out on “fun”, just the opposite.  GOD’s word is to insure that we have life abundant.  GOD knows that sin leads to pain for us, the consequences of our actions.  That is why he guides us through his word with love and wisdom, to avoid the painful repercussions of sin.  Let’s look at it this way.  Every item that requires assembly comes with instructions.  All of us have tried to assemble without reading the instructions or even ignoring the instructions after having read them, both resulting in failure.  It is the same thing with GOD’s word, all of the answers to a full abundant life are right there in the Bible.  All we have to do is follow his instructions.

No GOD’s word isn’t amazing, our arrogance and refusal to accept his loving guidance, that is AMAZING.

Choose to Succeed!
Habakkuk 3:19
www.koachkarl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment